Pages

Tuesday 15 April 2014

Mid month reveal and March winners ...

Welcome to our mid month reveal and the announcement of our March winners.

We'd like to thank our sponsors for March,  James from Alacraft, Julie from Time to Create and Kylie from Shop and Crop Scrapbooking for their generous support.




ARTastic followers can enjoy 20% off at Alacraft with discount code ARTS20.

Alacraft has free product giveaways every month. Please visit the site and enter your email address on the homepage or on the page indicated in the link and you will be automatically entered into the draw for $25 of free products for that month. People are welcome to enter as many months as they like, they just need to enter their email address each time.

 Alacraft is a family business originating from an established bricks-and-mortar store and stocks a range of quality materials including lace, ribbon, yarn, scrapbooking supplies, stickers, iron-on motifs, quilting fabric, craft flowers and much more.

  Check out Alacraft today!




Time To Create is a family business. We share a passion to create, share and develop the best that we imagine!  We only stock products that we use and believe in. Our stock is always priced at the keenest costing we can do. We support Australian manufacturers and many Australian suppliers and try to have as wide a variety as possible.

Try us and see.




Shop and Crop Scrapbooking is a family business and we strive to bring you all the latest from the Scrapbooking and Papercraft Industry, all our staff are very experienced and talented scrapbookers...We pride ourselves on great customer service, with a quick turn around of your orders of instock items.  We cater to both the online customers and through our store front at 10/335 Hillsborough Road Warners Bay,  We love nothing better than for everyone to drop in, have a coffee on us and browse and enjoy all the great scrapbooking products.


We had some outstanding entries last month so a very big thank you to everyone who entered.

Out TOP 3 winners are ...

Drea Slee who has won a $25 gift voucher from Alacraft.



Wendy O'Keefe who has won a store voucher from Shop and Crop.



  Buffy Burnside who has won a lovely prize from Time to Create.



and our random draw prize goes to Yvonne Yam.



Congratulations ladies.

Could the winners please contact me at jjjustjane@bigpond.com with their postal details.  Don't forget to grab our winners badge from the sidebar. 


Our Creative Team  favourite this month is Debi Clark who will receive a little something from me.



Next some more fabulous inspiration from our design team.  We are working with the below painting, The Chess Game by  Charles Blackman  with the added criteria of crazy antics, silliness or just having loads of fun.



KYLE


WOW. That was some challenge! I loved the Alice in Wonderland inspired painting and had to go back into my archives BC(d) (before digital camera) to find the pics I wanted to use for this. I took a photo of the chess pieces strewn on a table top and then just cut out the background around it. The chess set is one we got from Mr Bunker after he passed away in the early 1980's. In the photos is myself and my brother.





I've used some of the colours that can be seen in the inspiration image, and made my own background again. This cardstock has had the works, with sprays, gesso stencilling, smooshing with Distress Inks, and stamping.  The photos are of my son, around about 13months old. He loved to get into my washing basket and rock it around the yard. There were often the Woops! moments, when he rocked too hard, but he always popped up laughing. Great fun!





This challenge reminded straight away of my son on his 13th birthday. We went away to do fishing( his passion) and I had smuggled a sponge cake, cream, jelly and beaters in the caravan, for a surprise cake. Good old Michael to all our amazement....went and stuck his face in his serving of cake! At the time I can’t remember whether I thought it was funny or if I was cheesed off....considering all my smuggling efforts! Now I just think......typical Michael!





I think it was the silliness and fun that inspired me here. As I still have some pages to finish for my nieces album, I looked through the pile of photos and found some "silly" ones to use and added some fun and silly embellishments to go along with the rest.




I knew straight away that these photos needed to be used for a silly theme! My girls always have to have that silly photo after the nice serious ones. I was inspired to used colourful papers by the bright colours in the painting. Reflecting my colourful, fun-loving girl.


AUBRIE


I knew when I saw silly, I wanted pics from my son's first birthday!  I was inspired by all of the bright colors, and did a lot of tiny fussy cuts in layers to form a bar of birthday fun down the center of the photo.  I used different amounts of foam squares under the pieces to create depth at different levels.



I've gone all out this month using the colour combination of yellow, orange and black from the painting as well as the theme of chess and of course added in my own dash of madness courtesy of my son and one of those  "things they say" moments.


What fun pages - the team have certainly gotten into the spirit of the challenge this month.

Now we'd love to see your interpretations of our inspiration this month.

 Remember we happily accept all forms of paper crafting for your entry including digital and encourage international submissions.  All we ask is that you create an new entry for our challenge although you are most welcome to combine with a sketch and/or colour challenge if you wish.  You have until 11.55pm on the last day of the month to submit your entry.
  

Next week we will be introducing you to our April guest designer, Monique Nicole Fox..

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to all the winners...beautiful pages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the amazing winners. And great layouts Mid Month'ers! I'm still laughing about the prawn...

    ReplyDelete