Pages

Monday 4 July 2011

Our Guest DT member for July is......

Michelle Hernandez


Here is Michelles Bio........

I first started scrapping in 2009 when I developed complications during my first pregnancy. My doctor suggested I take up a hobby I could do at home to distract me from the stress of the situation. At first I just wrote in my journal and concentrated on decorating the nursery but I got really frustrated with my lack of drawing skills so I started looking for hand made wall art and stumbled the paper crafting community online. I've been hooked ever since.

 
Creating a layout is actually a big challenge for me. I prefer small print background papers and I LOVE fussy cutting to add pizzaz to a page. When I find myself completely stuck I "lift" ideas from other people's layouts (but never the whole or even large portions of a page). I also use sketches and keep notes of innovative things I want to try. 

I get inspiration from magazine layouts (all magazines not just crafty ones) subway adverts, art or museum exhibits and old book/record covers.  RARELY do I have a final layout in mind when I sit down. My best pages literally form themselves as I sit down with some paper and photos. I am a really slow scrapper- even simple pages take a couple of days. I find that leaving a page alone for a few hours gives me perspective on design flaws and I can fix those before I stick everything down. Finally I always write my journaling on another piece of paper before I add it to my layout- sometimes it's a struggle to find the words for what I feel so many pages just have titles.

Scrappy things I love beyond all reason: woodgrain patterns, grid/graph patterns, fabric/cloth patterns, pop dots, paper punches, velvet ribbon, clear stamps, clashing or vibrant colors and Thickers. If I had to choose only 1 item to receive in unlimited supply I would say print paper. You can make anything with a good print and some scissors- all else is icing on the cake. 

I'm currently on design Teams for Paper Issues- a great website that allows you to link up past or current creations as long as they fit the bi-monthly "theme", True Xoxo Girls- a scrap lift challenge website and Punky Scraps a challenge site that encourages you to get some attitude in your scrap pages.


Thank you SO MUCH for allowing me a chance to share my art and photo passion. :)
 
 
Here are some of Michelles favourite layouts :) 
 
3 Years
 

Art and Photo


Num, Num, Nuuum

and

Sweet Survivor

I love you 'Art and Photo' page, very creative and has a real mixed media feel to it!
Welcome to ARTastic Michelle, we all hope you enjoy the month as Guest DT member.
Please make Michelle welcome and dont forget to pop over to her blog and become a follower.

Cheers
Shazza

5 comments:

  1. Oh Michelle, you do such wonderful work, I am in awe! It is amazing in life, that good things comes from bad ....you are such a marvellous scrapbooker. I look forward to seeing your work in the future. Welcome to ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu rock!! Michelle... your work and very inspiring indeed... GOod to have you here.... Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome this month Michelle. I love your funky modern style - you do it so well.
    :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is gorgeous, Michelle!
    xxx-RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a stunning style you have, I love the different sizes in pages you do, and the funky way you use different embellishments. Gorgeous work and welcome Michelle. Melx

    ReplyDelete