Pages

Sunday 4 April 2010

We have an entry from a newbie........

Vanessa Waller - Was our House

Hi Shazza

Well I have finally given it a go. Never done this before for inspiration but thank you. I have scrapped our old house where we lived for 10 years, the girls did the majority of their growing up there, the gardens had lovely purple daisies and inside we did actually have minature paintings of Thomas Kinkade's given to me from my American friend (shown in my layout being the gazebo and the bridge).

Now I think I have covered the criteria
I have used the colours from the actual painting as the background (created by me - I used the painting and smudge it in photoshop).
Arrowed street sign - being the name of the street our house was in.
Lamp - I have added the family name to pose as our outside light
and the green roof is on the photo of our house.

Thanks again for a great challenge.

Love Ness (Vanessa Waller)

Wow! Vanessa this is truely a beautiful entry for the challenge. The background gives it a soft pastel look. Adding your surname to the lamp was a great idea and I loved how you used the miniatures of Thomas Kinkades other paintings and included them in the layout. Well done!!
- Shazza

10 comments:

  1. this is beautiful vanessa...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning, love all of this, gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous Vanessa, and amazing how you had 2 of his paintings inside the house, this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy to see that you accepted the challenge this month because your entry is just stunning! Well done Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic LO! Love the background and the lamp with the family name!
    xoxo-RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful... I love ths sign and the swirly background!! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so beautiful the gorgeous colour combination, the little named signpost and your little images of your painting make this one beautiful layout..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant LO and very well executed ! Thanks for joining in this month !

    ReplyDelete